This is another extract and grain recipe that I converted to all-grain. I had not made this beer in a while (nearly four years!) and New Year’s Eve in 2017 seemed as good a time as any to turn it out again.
The ingredients, purchased from the local home brew store, consisted of:
- 8 pounds Pilsner Malt
- 1/2 pound Carafa II
- 1/2 pound 80° Crystal Malt
- 1/2 pound Caramunich Malt
- 24 ounces honey
- 1 ounce Centennial hops (9.7% alpha acid)
- 1 ounce Nugget hops (13.3% alpha acid)
- 1 ounce Columbus hops (17.0% alpha acid)
- White Labs British Ale Yeast (WLP 005)
My targets, based on my brewing software, are:
- Original Gravity: 1.061
- Final Gravity: 1.010
- ABV: 6.6%
- 106 IBU
- 23° Lovibond
First runnings came out pretty dark…
…but ended up being diluted some during the sparge. It was a nice, dark brown when I it was time to keg it about four weeks after the brew day.
I hit the original and final gravities, too! All in all, everything came out great!!